Chainlit allows you to create a custom frontend for your application, offering you the flexibility to design a unique user experience. By integrating your frontend with Chainlit’s backend, you can harness the full power of Chainlit’s features, including:
- Abstractions for easier development
- Monitoring and observability
- Seamless integrations with various tools
- Robust authentication mechanisms
- Support for multi-user environments
- Efficient data streaming capabilities
To build and connect your own frontend, check out our Custom Frontend Cookbook: https://github.com/Chainlit/cookbook/tree/main/custom-frontend
@chainlit/react-client package is designed for integrating Chainlit applications with React. It offers several hooks and an API client for seamless connection and interaction.
- Install with
npm install @chainlit/react-client.
- The package requires Recoil for state management. Wrap your application in a Recoil provider.
- useChatSession: Manages the chat session’s connection to the WebSocket server. Includes methods to connect/disconnect, and set chat profiles.
- useChatMessages: Provides access to chat messages and the first user message.
- useChatData: Accesses various chat-related data and states, including actions, user states, avatars, chat settings, connection status, and error/loading indicators.
- useChatInteract: Offers methods to interact with the chat, like sending and replying to messages, updating settings, and managing tasks.
Each hook is provided with examples to illustrate their use in a React application, showing how to integrate and utilize these functionalities effectively in a chat interface.
More information here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@chainlit/react-client